Four-Level Training Series
We offer a four-level training series to help participants learn and grow in their understanding of and responses to trauma in their setting. Participants will move from having a basic understanding of the impact of trauma to becoming fully #TraumaInvested. The series focuses on practical applications of theory, using up-to-date research and field-tested examples.
Explore learning outcomes and descriptions of each level and contact us today to schedule a complete four-level training series in your community.
Level 1: Trauma is a word not a sentence
- Participants will deepen their understanding of key vocabulary and research around childhood trauma, the effect of toxic stress on brain development, and the need for us to create a #TraumaInvested learning environment.
- Participants will embrace the need to build self-awareness and tend to their self-care in order to be primed and ready to effectively support their students and children.
Level 2: A Culture of Safety and the New 3 R’s
- Participants will deepen their understanding of the value of fostering a safe, predictable, and consistent learning environment – one that is #TraumaInvested.
- Participants will be introduced to the new 3 R’s – an intervention model packed full of multiple strategies for education staff and community members to utilize with children and staff with known (and unknown) trauma histories – helping to sustain learning-ready (and teaching-ready) states.
Level 3: Understanding Ourselves; Understanding Others
- Participants will deepen their understanding of what it means to create a Positive, #TraumaInvested Learning Environment.
- Participants will build empathy and process through scenarios aimed at supporting our most struggling students.
Level 4: Leadership in a #TraumaInvested setting
- Participants will continue to deepen their understanding of what it means to create a Positive, #TraumaInvested Learning Environment.
- Participants will roll up their sleeves and build a strategic, realistic, intentional plan to become more #TraumaInvested in their practices.
- Participants will collaborate and refine their plans to implement #TraumaInvested approaches and mindsets in their buildings in order to support adults and their students in a strengths-based manner.